Statement of Client's Rights
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all
times by your lawyer and his staff.
- You are entitled to a lawyer able to handle your legal issue proficiently
and thoroughly, in accordance with the highest cannons of the legal profession.
- If you are unsatisfied with the handling of your matter, you have the
right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court
approval may be required in some mattes and your attorney may have a claim
against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point
- You are entitled to impartial and well reasoned professional judgment
as well as undivided loyalty void of compromising conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your attorney
explain at the outset of the attorney-client relationship how the fees
and charges will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing.
Moreover, you are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill
from your counsel at reasonable intervals. Finally, you may refuse to
enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your inquiries addressed in a timely fashion
and to have your telephone calls returned and Emails answered within a
reasonable time. You are entitled to maintain documents relating to the
status of your matter, be kept-updated as to the status of same, and to
receive copies of all salient documents generated with regards to the
matter at issue. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you
to meaningfully participate in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your
attorney including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval
of a settlement is required in some matters).
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your attorney and
to have your secrets and confidences protected to the extent permitted
- You are entitled to have your attorney act ethically in accordance
with the cannons of professional responsibility.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Disclaimer: Listing of these previously mentioned areas of practice does
not indicate any certification of expertise therein. The Mississippi Supreme
Court advises that a decision on legal services is important and should
not be based solely on advertisements. Free background information is available